What can acupuncture treat?
In general, anything that is worsened by the effects of stress is a great candidate for treatment, as well as symptoms of the following conditions:
- Pain, injury, arthritis, muscle tension and spasms, tendonitis
- Hormonal imbalances, menstrual irregularities, menopausal symptoms
- Depression, anxiety, fatigue, stress management
- Digestive disturbances such as acid reflux, constipation, indigestion, colitis, IBS, morning sickness
- Sleep issues, headaches, TMJ, hypertension
- Asthma, allergies, common cold
- Immune support, smoking cessation, withdrawal support
- Side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- Skin conditions
- And much, much more
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is the insertion of very fine needles into specific points in the body to help stimulate natural healing processes. The physicians of ancient China observed that distant parts of the body, including the internal organs, are affected when certain points on the body are stimulated.
Functional MRI studies have confirmed the effect that distant points can have on the brain. These points occur on predictable energetic pathways called meridians. By selecting and needling points on the meridians, an acupuncturist can address a range of issues including pain, digestive disorders, and relief from the stresses of modern life. An acupuncturist may also suggest other healing modalities, such as cupping or gua sha, if the diagnostics indicate that they may be helpful.
You may wish to visit our FAQs page to see commonly asked questions.